Hey there, my name is Scott.
I'm a Creative Director & 3D Artist based in Whitefish, Montana.
I started in traditional art as a youth which transitioned into a career in graphic design. From there, an insatiable curiosity and a persistent drive to solve problems brought me across the spectrum to eventually work on projects like animations for National Geograph and 3d visualizations for Supra and Moomba boats.
These traits blend into my personal life as well, a joy of working with people (and that dang curiosity) has led me to do things such as guide fishing trips in the mountains of Wyoming to racing sailboats to Alaska.
Curiosity is my superpower and I take pride in a strong work ethic, being an excellent teammate, and finding creative solutions a client didn't even know were possible. I always strive to make sure the work I create will surpass the goals of its intended use. If you have an idea you'd like to talk about, don't hesitate to reach out!
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premier, Audition)
- Proficient with Cinema 4D, Blender, Houdini, Substance Painter/Designer, and Zbrush
- Proficient with various render engines (Redshift, Arnold, Cycles, Octane)
- Experience writing tools for 3D modeling and animation software (Blender, Cinema4D, Houdini, and After Effects)
- Experience with the Unity game engine
- Experience working with printers and a good understanding of the equipment and technology that is used in the print production process
- Strong understanding of how to create and export assets that meet the technical requirements of different digital platforms
- Experience working with CAD software and other design tools to create and optimize 3D models and other digital assets for printing or cutting
- A proven willingness to learn new software
Business and design skills
- Comfortable working with people from different backgrounds and have the ability to communicate and coordinate effectively with team members who have different skill sets
- Understands the importance of both taking and giving constructive feedback
- Strong design foundation (layout, color, texture, typography, etc.)
- Experience managing designers
- Detailed-oriented and well-organized
- Understand the need to prioritize based on business needs
- Ability to solve complex creative problems quickly
- Understands the need to roll up sleeves in a fast-paced environment when the situation arises
- A curiosity to learn new skills and to pay attention to emerging trends and technology
- A proven track record of building strong relationships while working remotely
- Experience working with agencies, film-production environments, product manufacturers, and start-ups